4/14/2017

Archivo 253 (2015)

Rating: Thumbs Down 👎



If you've read any of my previous posts you will know my feelings towards found footage films, and if you haven't I will tell you now, I hate them. So I already didn't start off on a good foot with this film, I really feel Netflix should have a warning that says "Found Footage, Beware."

My perception of what this movie was going to be about based on the title and first few minutes:
The English translated title in the beginning of the film is File 253, which makes it seem like this group of four trespassers are going to find a file in the abandoned asylum. In the beginning, whoever is filming at the time, talks to a nurse who used to work at the asylum before it mysteriously shut down. She tells the cameraman that there was a wing in the asylum that only had two or three nurses allowed in, it was very high security, and she found that to be quite suspicious. So now I'm thinking that the four people are going to find a file documenting what happened in this super secret ward and I'm going to get the answer of why it closed down and why there are probably pissed off ghosts. I've seen a few haunted asylum films, but I actually enjoyed the premise that I literally just created for this movie. My movie would have been better.

What actually happened in the movie:
None of that. These people never find a file, they never tell me what happened in the super secret ward, or if they actually found the super secret ward. The amount of disappointment and frustration I am feeling is unreal. Don't name your movie File 253 if there isn't going to be a file, and don't bring up a super secret ward where you know terrible experiments are happening on patients if you are not going to address it. I mean really. There was a lot of hair everywhere, that was never explained, though normal for Asian horror films, I don't know if it's normal for Spanish horror films. 

This movie answered none of the questions that were brought up when the film started, it was like the beginning was for a different movie and once you got to the found footage from the four people that was a separate movie, with a whole different plot. 

Where is the file!?! Where is the goddamn file!

No comments:

Post a Comment